- Millions of Barrels of Iranian Oil Are Piled Up in China's Ports
July 22, 2019
Tankers are offloading millions of barrels of Iranian oil into storage tanks at Chinese ports, creating a hoard of crude sitting on the doorstep of the world’s biggest buyer.
- Tax overhaul heaps pressure on Russian refiners
July 19, 2019
Russia's biggest oil tax overhaul in decades is having a profound impact on its refining sector, forcing operators to upgrade their plants or risk being forced out of the market. The changes introduced this year have also put pressure on dome...
- An Oil Market Crisis Looks Averted, for Now
July 16, 2019
As recently as a year ago, the oil market was in a panic about changes to the kind of fuel that ships must burn.
- The ‘biggest change in oil market history’ is less than six months away
July 15, 2019
Tens of thousands of ships sailing the world’s oceans burn more than 3 million barrels of sludge-like high-sulfur fuel every single day. But, starting next year, the shipping industry will have to comply with rules that should dramatical...
- India's diesel demand set for detour as drivers switch to gasoline
July 12, 2019
India’s strong diesel demand growth is decoupling from the car market as motorists increasingly turn to gasoline vehicles, leaving it more reliant on patchy demand from construction and heavy industry.