Senior NGLs Analyst - London
We are a team of experienced professionals with a wide range of international clients, mainly oil companies, financial institutions and producer governments. Consultancy services include the provision of regular research, interacting with clients and undertaking special studies and reports. The entrepreneurial spirit of FGE’s consultants allows for a dynamic working environment that enables the company to adapt and develop its products in line with changes within the industry. This dynamism also allows the company to provide unrivalled organic growth opportunities to candidates with a proven ability to develop and expand the business.
Analysing LPG as part of the global team but focusing on West of Suez markets, the successful candidate will enhance their already strong numeric and analytical skills and eventually becoming a regional or subject expert. Working alongside the NGLs team, upstream, refining and economic specialists, the successful candidate will have exposure to the complete oil cycle giving the successful driven and motivated candidate an accelerated learning curve and unparalleled exposure to the industry.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Collecting data and information with regards to market fundamentals and pricing for distillates.
- Supply and demand forecasting for propane and butane.
- Analysing macro and micro economic oil data.
- Working as part of the NGLs team to generate price forecasts taking into account market fundamentals and forward pricing.
- Analysing and modelling industry trends building forecasts, databases, and evaluations for FGE’s short-term oil services.
- Report writing and contributing to FGE’s regular LPG service via original research.
- Coordinating project and retainer work.
- Providing research assistance to consultants and contributing towards client proposals and ad-hoc projects.
- Preparing both internal and external client presentation material and answering client queries.
Highly numerate graduate ideally with oil industry experience; alternatively from a finance, engineering, economics or similar background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, economics, business administration or similar discipline.
- At least 2+ years experience of the oil industry/analysis experience.
- Ability to undertake independent research and work with a project team.
- Good writing and oral presentation skills.
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel ideally to macro level.
- Able to work visa free in the United Kingdom.
- Ability to perform in a deadline driven environment and deliver work in a timely manner.
- Able to travel.
- Ability to work effectively with regional offices to promote products globally.
- Able to support business development activities.
- Able to learn and development new skills.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.