Refining Market Analyst - Singapore/Dubai
FGE is an international energy market intelligence provider specializing in providing world-class research and analysis of both regular and complex aspects of the Oil, Gas, NGLs and new markets. A vacancy has arisen for a refining analyst to join our East of Suez Oil team, working either in Singapore or Dubai.
We are a team of experienced professionals with a wide range of international clients, mainly energy companies, financial institutions, and producer governments. Consultancy services include the provision of regular research, interacting with clients and undertaking special studies and reports. The entrepreneurial spirit of FGE’s consultants allows for a dynamic working environment that enables the company to adapt and develop its products in line with changes within the industry. This dynamism also allows the company to provide unrivalled organic growth opportunities to candidates with a proven ability to develop and expand the business.
Analysing refining business/economics and refined products markets, the successful candidate will enhance their already strong numeric and analytical skills and eventually becoming a regional or subject expert. Working alongside upstream (supply), downstream (demand), NGLs, and economic specialists, the successful candidate will have exposure to the complete oil cycle giving the successful driven and motivated candidate an accelerated learning curve and unparalleled exposure to the industry.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV AND a few lines explaining why they will be qualified for this position. Those without will not be processed.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Become part of our global oil team and take a lead role in expanding FGE's refining analysis and consulting practice.
- Working closely with other oil, gas, NGLs and New Energy experts in our other international offices to provide strategic and analytical input to the research and consulting group.
- Preparing analysis and reports in a timely, relevant, and thought-provoking manner.
- Develop the skills to interact with, and present to, clients in one-on-one and seminar environments.
- Maintain regular contact with clients and market participants to gather market information and develop business opportunities.
- Fulfilling the group's research and consulting mandate as well as participating in ad-hoc projects.
- Think creatively and do independent research and work with a project team. Need to work both individually and in a team environment.
A highly numerate graduate ideally with oil industry experience; alternatively from a finance, engineering, economics or similar background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in process/chemical engineering or related discipline.
- Knowledge of oil/refining markets, with 2 to 5 years of oil industry/consulting/market research experience.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to obtain pertinent information and develop effective models.
- Ability to do independent research and work with a project team.
- Excellent numeracy/written skills and comfortable working with large data sets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Fluency in English is essential for this role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel ideally to macro level.
- Must be legally able to work in Singapore or Dubai.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.