Oil Market Analyst - London
FGE are looking to hire an Oil Analyst to work with our team of experts in our London officce. We are a team of experienced professionals with a wide range of international clients, mainly oil companies, financial institutions and producer governments. Consultancy services include the provision of regular research, interacting with clients and undertaking special studies and reports.
Analysing oil products across the barrel, the successful candidate will enhance their already strong numeric and analytical skills and will eventually become a regional or subject expert. Working alongside upstream, refining and economic specialists and other regional specialists the successful candidate will have exposure to the complete oil cycle giving the successful driven and motivated candidate an accelerated learning curve and unparalleled exposure to the industry.
The entrepreneurial spirit of FGE allows for a dynamic working environment that enables the company to adapt and develop its products and services in line with changes within the industry. This dynamism also allows the company to provide unrivalled organic growth opportunities to candidates with a proven ability to develop and expand the business.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Analysing macro and micro economic oil data
- Analysing and modelling industry trends building forecasts and evaluations for FGE’s short and long-term oil services
- Report writing and contributing to FGE’s regular short term global oil service
- Maintaining and taking ownership of FGE's oil production, refining and supply models
- Providing research assistance to consultants and contributing towards client proposals and ad-hoc projects
- Preparing both internal and external client presentation material
Who are we looking for?
A highly numerate graduate ideally with oil industry experience; alternatively from a finance, engineering, economics or similar background with the following skills:
- Ability to undertake independent research and work with a project team.
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English.
- Genuine and proven interest in the oil sector with a love of data
- Ability to perform in a deadline driven environment and deliver work in a timely manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel ideally to macro level
- Financial and economic modelling skills
- Excellent presentation skills including proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to legally work in the UK.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.