North America Oil Consultant - Houston
FGE is an international energy consultancy group specializing in providing world-class research and analysis of both regular and complex aspects of the oil and gas markets. A vacancy has arisen in the Houston office for an oil marketing consultant to work with FGE’s oil global team.
We are a team of experienced professionals with a wide range of international clients, mainly oil companies, financial institutions and producer governments. Our consultancy services include the provision of regular research and analysis, interacting with clients and undertaking special studies and reports. The entrepreneurial spirit of FGE’s consultants allows for a dynamic working environment that enables the company to adapt and develop its products in line with changes within the industry. This dynamism also allows the company to provide unrivalled organic growth opportunities to candidates with a proven ability to develop and expand the business.
Analysing oil products across the barrel, the successful candidate will enhance their already strong numeric and analytical skills and eventually becoming a regional or subject expert. Working alongside upstream, refining and economic specialists, the successful candidate will have exposure to the complete oil cycle giving the successful driven and motivated candidate an accelerated learning curve and unparalleled exposure to the industry.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Gathering marketing intelligence.
- Supply and demand forecasting for crude and the main refined products for North America on a monthly basis.
- Provide briefings and market updates to clients and business prospects.
- Jointly responsible with the refining team to maintain North America refinery run forecasts.
- Analysing macro and micro economic oil data.
- Analysing and modelling industry trends building forecasts and evaluations for FGE’s short- and long-term oil services.
- Work with the Business Development team to develop new clients and enhance existing service offerings.
- Report writing and contributing to FGE’s regular short-term global oil service.
- Providing research assistance to consultants and contributing towards client proposals and ad-hoc projects.
- Preparing both internal and external client presentation material.
Highly numerate graduate ideally with oil industry experience; alternatively from a finance, engineering, economics or similar background:
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English.
- Genuine and proven interest in both the oil sector and a love of data is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel ideally to macro level .
- Financial and economic modelling skills.
- Excellent presentation skills including proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work effectively with regional offices to promote products globally.
- Legally allowed to work in the United States of America.
- Able to travel internationally.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button below). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.