New Energy Analyst - London
FGE is an international energy consultancy group specializing in providing world-class research and analysis of both regular and complex aspects of the oil and gas markets. A vacancy has arisen in the London office for a New Energy Analyst. This position provides an excellent opportunity for self-starting individuals seeking career growth, to be part of a consultancy with international market exposure across a wide range of energy types and markets.
Reporting to the Director of Long-Term Oil/Head of Oil Demand, this position serves and supports FGE’s forthcoming New Energy retainer service. You will be analysing the interface and disruption between existing energy markets with green/clean from a supply, demand and pricing perspective in the context of energy transition. Coverage will include, but is not limited to, CO2, carbon neutrality, emission trading systems, renewable electricity, hydrogen and hydrogen-based fuels, renewable and synthetic fuels etc.
As an analyst you will take a lead part in driving forward and coordinating FGE’s coverage of the energy transition and owning a key part of a new service.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Identify trends in energy markets by analysing macro and micro economic data
- Analysing, modelling, and forecast building
- Report writing and contributing to FGE’s forthcoming New Energy service
- Working across the oil, gas and NGLs teams to ensure successful collaboration and content delivery
- Providing research assistance to consultants and contributing towards client proposals and ad-hoc projects.
- Engaging with clients and market players to generating market insight
- Preparing both internal and external client presentation material.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, economics, renewable energy, business administration, energy or financial journalism, or related discipline
- Understanding of fundamental market analysis with reference to commodities ideally oil, gas or electricity
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English
- Genuine and proven interest in both the oil sector and a love of data is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel ideally to macro level
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a deadline driven environment
- Strong analytical skills, ability to obtain pertinent information and develop effective models
- Excellent numeracy/written skills and comfortable working with large data sets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Candidates must be legally able to work in the United Kingdom.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.