LNG Trading Analyst - Singapore
FGE is an international energy consultancy group specialising in providing world-class research and analysis of both regular and complex aspects of the oil and gas markets. A vacancy has arisen in the Singapore office for an LNG Trading Analyst to work with FGE’s global Gas/LNG team.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Proactively investigate topics of interest to LNG traders and analysts. Work with cross discipline teams in Singapore/London to understand the impact of changes to the crude/coal/oil products market on LNG supply/demand and prices.
- Generate timely global market and price updates daily/weekly/monthly for internal/external distribution. Cover reporting of LNG physical and paper exposures, plus analyse market implications.
- Understand key price indices used by trading desks and in construction of forward curves. Facilitate presentation of FGE views on the market relative to forward curves.
- Understand the typical trading strategies employed by a trading desk, pricing exposures, P&L generated by the trade book, and the key drivers of value generation.
- Sound knowledge of the LNG pricing clauses, structures and optionality used in cargo pricing and identification of potential market opportunities. Provide summary commentary with data support, including key assumptions, sensitivities and caveats.
- Incorporate relevant information received from news/traders, origination and business development contacts into FGE short-term global supply and demand models.
- Undertake impactful research and analysis on significant market movements and deliver concise thought pieces for distribution.
- Monitor and analyse current shipping and LNG flows (on a country and company level) and keep internal LNG team updated on market movements.
- Develop and maintain short-term analytics and services for internal and external distribution.
Highly numerate graduate ideally with LNG industry experience; alternatively from a finance, engineering, economics or similar background:
- Previous LNG experience or broader commodity trading advantageous
- Must possess exceptional technical and analytical skills
- Understanding of statistics and modelling highly regarded
- Ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships
- Willing to work collaboratively in support of the team whilst simultaneously carrying out independent tasks and activities.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail in both numerical analysis and written work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident and articulate
- Systematic approach, meticulous attention to detail
- Able to work in pressurised environment and meet tight deadlines
- Must be clear-thinking and decisive
- Able to anticipate team needs and be proactive rather than reactive
- Confident and clear communication style
- Able to work independently with teams across different time zones
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), other languages would be an advantage
- Candidates must be able to work in Singapore
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.