LNG Market Analyst (China Market) - Singapore
FGE is currently looking to recruit a China Gas/LNG Market Analyst to join their expanding Gas/LNG team in Singapore. This position provides an excellent opportunity for dynamic individuals seeking career growth, to be part of a consultancy with international market exposure. This opportunity would provide successful candidates lots of prospects to develop a key role in an expanding consultancy business.
This position reports to the Head of China, Global Gas/LNG.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Working together with a team of analysts that specialize in FGE’s China gas/LNG market outlook and becoming one of the country specialists for China under FGE’s East of Suez Gas Retainer service.
- Providing support for Chinese commercial projects and other ad-hoc projects, taking a key role in translating both English and Chinese professional documents, including reports, commercial documents, formal letters, etc.
- Creating, maintaining, and improving FGE’s information database (trade, LNG projects and contracts) by closely monitoring the markets.
- Taking a lead role in expanding FGE's China market analysis and forecasting practice.
- Taking ownership of one, or more, of the functions that constitute FGE’s client services.
- Working closely with other oil and gas experts in FGE’s other international offices to provide strategic and analytical input to the research and consulting group.
- Preparing thought provoking reports in a timely and relevant manner.
- Fulfilling the group's research and consulting mandate.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, business, economics, engineering or any related higher education qualifications.
- Basic understanding of the structure of regional gas/LNG markets and preferably a basic understanding of China’s social and business environment.
- Proficiency in written English and Mandarin Chinese.
- The ability to conduct research work in Chinese is essential.
- Ability to do independent research and work with a project team.
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Meticulous and comfortable to work with databases.
- Good report writing skills.
- Candidates currently located in Singapore are preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience is preferred.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.