Energy Market Analyst - Tokyo
FGE is an international energy consultancy group specializing in providing world-class research and analysis of both regular and complex aspects of the oil and gas markets. A vacancy has arisen in the Tokyo office for an Energy Analyst. This position provides an excellent opportunity for self-starting individuals seeking career growth, to be part of a consultancy with international market exposure across a wide range of energy types and markets.
Reporting to the Director of Long-Term Oil/Head of Oil Demand, this position serves and supports FGE’s forthcoming New Energy retainer service. You will be analysing the interface and disruption between existing energy markets with green/clean from a supply, demand and pricing perspective in the context of energy transition. Coverage will include, but is not limited to, CO2, carbon neutrality, emission trading systems, renewable electricity, hydrogen and hydrogen-based fuels, renewable and synthetic fuels etc.
As an analyst you will take a lead part in driving forward and coordinating FGE’s coverage of the energy transition and owning a key part of a new service.
- Analysing forms of new energy from both a general as well as in-depth perspective.
- Working inside existing methodologies to calculate supply forecasts by field and by stream.
- Reviewing and modelling field production for crude and condensate output.
- Providing input into our reports and leading upstream focused project work/studies.
- Being part of a global oil team and work together across various service lines and products.
- Performing an active role in client relations.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Become part of our global oil and gas teams and take a lead role in expanding FGE's market analysis and forecasting.
- Work closely with other oil and gas experts in our other international offices to provide strategic and analytical inputs to our research and consulting group.
- Prepare reports in a timely, relevant, and thought-provoking manner.
- Maintain regular contact with clients and market participants to gather market information and develop business opportunities.
- Develop the skills to interact with, and present to, clients in one-on-one and seminar environments.
- Fulfil the group's research and consulting mandate as well as participate in ad-hoc projects.
- Think creatively and conduct independent research and work with a project team. Need to work both individually and in a team environment.
Ideal candidate would be highly numerate with oil and gas industry experience:
- Native Japanese speaker, fluent (written and verbal) in English.
- At least two years’ experience of the industry/consulting experience, alternatively from an engineering, economics or similar background.
- Bachelor’s Degree ideally in engineering, economics, or business administration.
- Ability to do independent research and work with a project team.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office ideally to macro level.
- Able to work in Tokyo.
- Ability to work effectively with regional offices to promote products globally.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button below). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.