Energy Economist - London
FGE is an international energy consultancy group specializing in providing world-class research and analysis of both regular and complex aspects of the oil and gas markets. We are seeking an Energy Economist to join our team and focus on analysing the demand for crude oil and refined products across multiple sectors and countries. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting research, analysing data, and providing insights into the factors that impact energy demand.
If you are an economist with a passion for analyzing energy demand and have the qualifications and experience we are seeking, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Gathering and manipulating substantial amount of primary data on a regular basis;
- Creating, updating and maintaining spreadsheets;
- Modelling energy markets particularly demand forecasting;
- Regular and broad research on legal, geopolitical and regulatory changes that will affect oil and energy demand;
- Working with existing teams to analyse macro and micro economic data to identify and forecast oil and energy demand trends. Provide strategic and analytical input across all areas of our research incl. ad-hoc projects;
- Prepare reports in a timely, relevant and thought provoking manner;
- Maintain regular contact with clients and market participants to gather market information and develop business opportunities.
- A minimum of bachelor's or master’s degree in relevant disciplines such as economics;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, ideally to macro level;
- Genuine and proven interest in the energy sector with a keen love of data;
- Meticulous attention to detail and keen to work with databases;
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English, another language would be an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong sense of personal responsibility;
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a deadline driven environment;
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply;
- Candidates must be legally able to work in the United Kingdom.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.