China Oil Market Analyst - Singapore
FGE is an international energy market intelligence provider specializing in providing world-class research and analysis of both regular and complex aspects of the Oil, Gas, NGLs and new markets. A vacancy has arisen in the Singapore office for an oil market analyst working within FGE’s China oil team.
We are a team of experienced professionals with a wide range of international clients, mainly energy companies, financial institutions, and producer governments. Consultancy services include the provision of regular research, interacting with clients and undertaking special studies and reports. The entrepreneurial spirit of FGE’s consultants allows for a dynamic working environment that enables the company to adapt and develop its products in line with changes within the industry. This dynamism also allows the company to provide unrivalled organic growth opportunities to candidates with a proven ability to develop and expand the business.
Analysing oil products across the barrel, the successful candidate will enhance their already strong numeric and analytical skills and eventually becoming a regional or subject expert. Working alongside upstream, refining and economic specialists, the successful candidate will have exposure to the complete oil cycle giving the successful driven and motivated candidate an accelerated learning curve and unparalleled exposure to the industry.
The Role and Responsibilities
- The role will be focused on covering crude and refining related developments in China. Develop and maintain proprietary analytical tools to support both short and long term China oil market analysis.
- Build and expand network to gather information on the Chinese market. Translate the analysis and intel into reports in a timely, relevant, and thought-provoking manner.
- Work closely with other oil and gas experts in our other international offices to provide strategic and analytical input to the research and consulting group.
- Become part of our global oil team and take a lead role in expanding FGE's oil market analysis and forecasting practice.
- Develop the skills to interact with, and present to, clients in one-on-one and seminar environments.
- Maintain regular contact with clients and market participants to gather market information and develop business opportunities.
- Fulfilling the group's research and consulting mandate as well as participate in ad-hoc projects.
- Think creatively and do independent research and work with a project team. Need to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, economics, business administration or related discipline.
- Knowledge of oil/energy markets and/or financial markets is an advantage, with 1-2 years of oil industry/consulting experience (crude/refining background and/or knowledge of China’s oil market is preferred).
- Strong analytical skills, ability to obtain pertinent information and develop effective models;
- Ability to do independent research and work with a project team.
- Excellent numeracy/written skills and comfortable working with large data sets;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Fluent in English, and able to converse and read in mandarin.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel ideally to macro level.
- Must be legally able to work in Singapore.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.